Nail Salons Calgary
Colours Mobile Spa
When it comes to Shellac Nails they look great for about 2 weeks...at that point they start to peel off, if you do not get them professionally removed you could damage your nails. Here are some tips for removing shellac from nails:
2 Methods On How To Remove Shellac Nail Polish
So you have loved and enjoyed your new shellac nails for 2 weeks but now want to try either something new or need to reapply them. Many of you do not want to go to your nail salon just to watch your beloved shellac nails removed. Well you have come to the right place because this is something you can do in the peace of your own home and we'll show you how to remove shellac nail polish.
WARNING: These are things you shouldn’t do in order to remove your shellac nails.
Soak Shellac nails in a bowl of acetone
File off Shellac with a file or drill
(Unless you want to damage your natural nails and end up with flaky and brittle nails prone to infection)
Method #1 – The Official Method On How To Remove Shellac Nails
It is recommended you use cuticle oil to protect your skin from the acetone.
1. Step one requires you to soak and saturate the cotton pad of the shellac remover wraps.
2. Place the cotton pad over the naturalnail and wrap the shellac remover wraps.
3. Tighten the shellac remover wraps, the tighter the better. Leave them on for 10 minutes.
4. After the ten minutes are over gently massage the wrap in order to break down the shellac nail polish into pieces.
5. Firmly pull of the shellac wrap off the finger. Some flakes will still remain on the nails, remove these with a orange wood stick.
6. Finally clean the nails with pure acetone
7. You are finished and ready to re-apply shellac nails.
This method can be remembered via the “S.I.T” method.
‘S’ – Saturate the cotton pad with pure acetone
‘I’ – In place…Place the cotton pad directly over the natural nail
‘T’ – Tighten for Ten…tighten the wrap snugly around the finger and set a timer for 10 minutes
Method #2 On How To Remove Shellac Nails... For the second method on how to remove shellac nail polish you will need the following:
Things You Will Need
- Cuticle Oil (Not required but strongly recommended)
- Cotton Ball/Pads
- Aluminium Foil
2. Take enough aluminium foil to wrap around your whole finger tip like finger puppets.
3. Apply cuticle oil in order to protect your skin from the acetone.
4. Soak the cotton balls/pads in acetone. Make sure to use pure acetone as diluted acetoneis too weak.
5. Place the cotton balls/pads on your nails.
6. Wrap the aluminium foil around your nails. Make sure it’s around tight so it keeps the cotton in place but not so tight that the aluminium foil will tear.
7. Wait for 10 minutes.
8. Use an orange wood stick to gently pry and remove the shellac nail polish. If the shellac nail polish is not coming off easily, slide the aluminium foil with the cotton ball/pad back on again and wait for another 5 minutes. Repeat the procedure until the shellac nail polish comes of with little resistance.
9. Buff the nail to get rid of any residues give the nail a proper clean.
Nail Salons Calgary : Colours Mobile Spa