Top Nail Salons in Calgary - colours mobile spa rates #1 in mobile salons in Calgary
Nail Salons Calgary - facials available with colours mobile spa
1.) Basic Facial is for all skin types, using specialized products specifically formulated for your individual skin type. First the esthetician will analyze your skin to determine the best products to use for your facial. This process is done quite thoroughly as to not make a mistake, it's easy to confuse combination skin with oily or dry skin. MOST people in Alberta have combination skin due to the dry weather even if you think you may have just oily skin or just dry skin. The "Basic Facial" consists of these following steps.
- Analyze skin type.
- Gently remove any existing makeup.
- Using facial sponges, cleanse the face, neck and upper chest, as well as around the ears carefully, with a cleanser compatible with the client's skin type. (Make sure the cleanser is completely removed, any excess causes build up especially in front of the ears)
- Apply an exfoliant and gently massage into face, at Colours Mobile Spa we love Sothys brand made in Paris it's absolutely wonderful and amazing we have tried MANY different types and this is a cut above the rest, Gommage Exfoliant. Check out sothys.com to see all the fabulous products available by Sothys Paris. (Amazon.ca has amazing deals on Sothys products) After applying and gently massaging in the exfoliant, remove with clean sponges and make sure once again the product is completely removed without rubbing the skin abrasively.
- Five minutes of steaming, if you don't have a steamer a warm, steamy towel for two minutes does the job just fine.
- Look for any extractions, generally everyone has blackheads just make sure you have steamed properly before doing extractions and make sure that you are doing this gently with an extractor and if using your fingers make sure you have covered them with tissue soaked in astringent/toner. The oils from your fingers can cause more damage than good so covering them is very important.
- Once the extractions are done apply a cool toner by dabbing it on with your CLEAN fingertips or a tissue.
- Choose a mask specifically formulated for the client's skin type and apply the mask to face and neck for approximately ten minutes. Never leave a mask on longer than fifteen minutes, it quits working after that long anyways and is just clogging your pores if you leave it on too long. NEVER sleep with a mask on if you're doing it at home yourself without a professional.
- After carefully and thoroughly removing the mask with the facial sponges and clean water, apply another light splash of toner over your skin to close the pores, they are wide open after the mask has been removed, this is an important step that many fail to do!
- The tenth and final step to a basic facial is applying a lotion specifically formulated for either dry skin, oily skin, combination skin, sensitive skin or aging skin. Apply a thin layer to the face, neck and chest, you can also use on the shoulders and massage it in for a few minutes. If you have oily or acneic skin this step should be a quick application of the lotion, more like dabbed on instead of rubbing it in. If you massage oily skin too much it actually causes the oil glands to secrete even more oil so be careful when working with oily skin. Skip the massage entirely if you have oily skin in my opinion! If you have dry skin feel free to enjoy a longer massage at the end of the facial.
2.) The "Anti-Aging" Facial is incredible for aging skin that is usually dry and needs nourishing. The main things you need to do on your own when it comes to keeping your skin looking young are stay out of the sun, use sunscreen, use plenty of moisturizer, drink plenty of water and if you smoke... do yourself a favour and please quit now! Smoking is not only horrible for your health in general, it's horrible for ALL skin types! Here are the steps to our anti-aging facial at Colours Mobile Spa
- Analyze the skin to make sure you should not also be using sensitive skin products, generally aging skin is also sensitive so you might have to incorporate both.
- Remove any existing makeup from face and eyes.
- Choose a cleanser for both sensitive, aging skin and with fingertips massage it in gently then remove with facial sponges and water.
- Use an exfoliant that has no grainy stuff in it, just a smooth texture. Apply with care and remove with facial sponges.
- Check skin for abrasions or thinning, at Colours Mobile Spa we have discovered with experience that steaming on aging, sensitive skin may not always be a great idea, I feel only dry skin, combination skin and oily skin should be steamed...NOT aging skin, sensitive skin or severely acneic skin. Steaming can actually make these conditions worse. If you feel the skin is durable and dry enough apply a steam towel for about a minute.
- Check for any extractions and GENTLY extract any blackheads or pustules you may come across.
- Gently apply a cool astringent/toner suitable for aging/sensitive skin.
- IMPORTANT step - Apply a mask for aging or dry or sensitive skin. If you can't figure out which one to use ALWAYS stick to sensitive skin products as they can be used on ANY skin type safely. When you apply the mask make sure there is room around your eyes to also apply an eye serum with collagen to help reduce fine lines, this actually pumps oxygen into your skin cells plumping them up and filling the lines that may appear around your eyes. This can also be done around the lips. (not on the lips just use a great lip balm for dry lips)
- Gently remove the mask and make sure you have removed ALL of it with facial sponges and clean water.
- Apply a cool toner for aging skin.
- MOST IMPORTANT step...MOISTURIZE and massage with a wonderful moisturizer for aging skin make sure you also consistently use moisturizer at home. A day cream during the day and a night cream before bed. Dab on another little bit of eye cream and use fingertips to dab around the eyes. Gently massage in face and eye cream and VOILA! You will feel amazing and ten years younger!
3.) The "Acne Treatment" facial is available for all people that have oily skin that lead to acne. With acne you have to analyze the skin first to make sure the acne is a level 1 not 2 or more. If the acne has reached a level two or more the client must seek medical attention from a dermatologist this cannot be treated with facials it can actually be made worse. Most times acne is an internal chemical imbalance and needs to be treated with medication and once the skin starts to heal then facial treatments can be applied. With minor acne (level one) facial treatments can be very beneficial if done properly. Here is how we do an acne facial at Colours Mobile Spa.
- Remove excess makeup.
- Assess the skin to see which products may work best on the person having the facial.
- Use a cleanser that works best for oily/acneic skin and GENTLY cleanse, don't scrub this just irritates blemishes and is not good for oily skin.
- Use a very gentle exfoliant that doesn't have grainy stuff in it.
- Light steam with steamer or towel, just for a few minutes so as to not irritate the skin.
- Cool astringent/toner applied lightly with tissue or sanitized fingertips.
- Clay masks are the best for oily/acneic skin. Apply lightly and leave the mask on for a total of ten minutes and gently remove with facial sponges and clean water. Make sure you are gentle!
- Cool astringent/toner applied lightly with tissue or sanitized fingertips.
- Just dab on a drop of lotion for oily skin only and use sparingly. Make sure you dab it on lightly and don't massage problem areas!
4.) The "Dry Skin/Hydrating Facial" is wonderful for many people who have had over exposure to the sun or just live in a dry place such as Alberta. Although most people have combination skin, because the weather in Alberta can be so harsh and dry, many just have very dry, dehydrated skin that needs some attention with great facials and great maintenance with the proper products in between facials. Home care is very important! Here are the steps to a great hydrating facial for dry skin.
- Remove excess makeup.
- Cleanse with cleanser suitable for dry skin needing hydration.
- Exfoliate with an exfoliant that is more grainy it's better for dry skin it is not abrasive when used sparingly and done properly...this should be done gently with clean, sanitized hands.
- With dry skin it is better to use a steamer but if one is not accessible then a warm, steamy towel works great too, leave for 2.5 minutes then warm up the towel again, or grab another steamy towel and apply it to the face. Make sure the person can breathe through nose and mouth!
- Check for blackheads or any extractions that need to be done and gently do the extractions.
- Cool astringent/toner applied with clean fingertips or a tissue.
- Choose a non-clay mask for dry skin, even if it says for dry skin, clay masks are NOT meant for dry skin! Choose a creamy mask that doesn't dissolve and has fabulous ingredients such as milk cream, the lactic acid present in milk cream helps exfoliate and keep skin supple. Other great ingredients are almond, rosemary, vitamin C, coconut oil and yogurt just to name a few. There is a large market for dry skin products so sometimes you might want to experiment that's why Colours Mobile Spa carries a wide variety of skin care products not just one.
- Cleanse mask with lukewarm or cool water, it's never a great idea to use hot water but if you have oily skin you can go a little warmer.
- Cool, moisturizing toner.
- Apply a moisturizing eye serum by dabbing it around the eye area and dab for a few minutes, the skin cells around the eyes become rejuvenated when you do!
- Choose a great serum for dry skin and apply to the entire face before applying moisturizer.
- Use about a nickel sized amount of moisturizer in the palm of your hand, a little more than oily skin or combination skin. Massage gently into the face especially in problem areas for about five to ten minutes depending on the level of dryness. Don't forget to do the neck, chest and shoulders as well.
5.) The "Sensitive skin facial" is a wonderful facial for ALL skin types but specifically for those who have sensitive skin. We love this facial the most because it can be used on anyone which is great if you're having a hard time determining someone's skin type.
- Remove excess makeup with oil free and scent free makeup pads.
- Choose a cleanser for sensitive skin only which will be scent free and all natural ingredients only.
- After gently cleansing apply a gommage exfoliant which is wonderful for sensitive skin as long as it's all natural and scent free.
- Gently remove exfoliant with facial sponges and clean water.
- Apply a warm towel for just 2 minutes. If you choose to use the steamer, use only at a distance, not close to the skin. Make sure it is far enough away that it doesn't irritate the skin.
- Check for extractions but make sure to do so VERY gently and do not use lancets or extractors on sensitive skin, EVER!
- Use a cool astringent toner to close the pores.
- Use a mask designed for sensitive skin only, failure to do so could be disastrous please be careful when using masks on sensitive skin.
- Gently cleanse the mask thoroughly and apply cool astringent/toner with clean, sanitized fingertips or tissue by dabbing all over the face.
- Apply an eye cream around the eyes, dabbing it all around gently.
- Choose a moisturizer free of chemicals and perfumes, make sure it is for sensitive skin and read all the ingredients to make sure they are all natural.
Nail Salons Calgary - Colours Mobile Spa recommends a facial once a month or at least once every 8 weeks depending on the skin type. If you're looking for a nail salon in Calgary that provides excellent facials at an affordable price, why not try Colours Mobile Spa and we will bring the spa to you! Try Colours Mobile Spa if you're looking for a Nail Salon in Calgary or surrounding areas!